2/99


Iphone Cases
I love blackberry, or more accurately I love black berry messenger.  Instant people contacting gratification. ‘Hey how you’ becomes relatively normal as a message. What’s so weird is that no one calls ‘Hey how are you’ anymore.
I tried that with my mom the other day, and her suspicion face was switched on, and then drugs. As if my calling to ask how she was, meant I was in drug trouble. Casual mother-20-year-old-daughter trust right there.

But what blackberries don’t have is looking good in a case. As awesome as bbm is, snazz cases are better. Yes, I was one of those people who got an iphone because iphone. Also, these apps are pretty cool.

Iphone cases are interesting, sociologically. If you think about it, what about your cellphone must say something about you? So, having a snazzy case that communicates ‘you’ is a requirement when you get an iphone, not any cellphone but an iphone. Iphone cases are less about protecting your phone (gee, forgot that’s what they were for) and more about communicating your ‘flair’.
if you haven't seen 'Office Space' please do. 





I got my cases before I got the phone. In fact, I had 2 cases before having an iphone was even a foreseeable thing. And adding to that, they were for a previous version when I eventually did get one. Imagine the hoarder guilt on that.

There are even websites that allow you to make your own case.  

As awesome as Iphone cases are, I’m looking at mine now (it’s in a shape of a cat, even with ears. Katja said it looked like a taser, in fact we devised how making it a taser was possible. Decided battery life would be a problem) and I’m thinking that I should just take the damn thing off. 

Ha, sike! Having a cat as a phone is pretty sweet.

Stay interested, stay snazzy.

this is my iphone case I just ordered. also,
the illustration is from Berkley Illustrators, and I love them.