that apology was not thing 6. I lied.
I watched 5 movies in the past 5 days. Because I wake up at 8am, and can't function till 10am. So, I put on a movie for my brain to digest.

so, here's the list.

tuesday
2001 Space Odyssey 
Humanity finds a mysterious, obviously artificial, object buried beneath the Lunar surface and, with the intelligent computer H.A.L. 9000, sets off on a quest.

Director:

 



this was ... interesting. I know I must say it was a pleasure to watch, and I found it intellectually stimulating. but holy shit did I struggle. if I wasn't such a sucker for (1) a great score (2) 60's interior design and (3) space movies.. I would have switched off. 
^^^ listen^^^
visually it's a plethora of cinematic brilliance - but hey presto it was done by Kubrick.
watch this NOT AT 8AM, but when you can concentrate and enjoy some real cinema. 


wednesday 
KILL ME I WATCHED FAST AND THE FURIOUS 6
it was bad. and I threw up. 
Fast and the Furious 6
Hobbs has Dom and Brian reassemble their crew in order to take down a mastermind who commands an organization of mercenary drivers across 12 countries. Payment? Full pardons for them all.

Director:

 
justin lin you mother fucker. I sat through this because I PAID TO







the cars were ok, there was a chick fight with something-rodriguez and at some point a cuban (?) lady died. 

did I mention I fell asleep? 

thursday 
Office Space
this was cool. and it was the best for the mood I was in. hungover. 
Comedic tale of company workers who hate their jobs and decide to rebel against their greedy boss.

Director:

 
I spent the movie either laughing, cringing, or sighing. The movie was so well scripted, perfectly directed (in terms of dialogue - as in, when someone interrupted they ACTUALLY INTERRUPTED. genius). 



and I know some people will say it's just a mundane, boring recount of a guy anxiously losing his mind wrapped in the bacon of middle class white america - but, Jennifer Aniston plays dumb depressed future less fuck buddy really well!




that be great
friday 
George of the Jungle 
haha, oh yes. 

George grows up in the jungle raised by apes. Based on the Cartoon series.

Director:

 



well, right in the child hood. 
and finally, on saturday. 
Alein 3
it's no surprise I'm the biggest alien fan. I have watched the first one about 6 times, the second 4 and now the third one for the frist time this weekend. 
it was everything I ever dreamed on. 







classically, it had a different aesthetic to the other 2 (and eventually 4) because it was not a Scott or a Cameron. but a fincher! oh yeah, nihilistic fincher took on alien. 


what we got was a cynical and pissed off ripley, who pulled no stops in being a total 100% bad ass. 
also, the visuals in this film were excellent. 90s steam punk prison planet? bam. 

yep. that's a lannister. 

stay classy, stay interested. watch things